Ledbury & Cashes Hospital Conversions
Two Rivers Housing & Markey Construction Ltd
Ledbury & Stroud
2016 & 2014
The Ledbury Hospital conversion won the Building For Life Silver Standard Award
Quattro undertook a carefully detailed refurbishment of the former Ledbury Cottage Hospital in the centre of the market town of Ledbury.
Overcoming the challenge of proving a high standard of residential accommodation, whilst preserving the building’s key features, was paramount to the project’s success. This was complemented by the addition of two sympathetic extensions, which provided more residential floor space and flexible office accommodation.
Applewood occupies the site of the former Cashes Green Hospital, which was built in 1902. The hospital closed in 1993 and has been disused ever since.
Following extensive community consultation, these buildings were restored and converted into new homes. The Nurses’ Home has been turned into apartments and the Porter’s Lodge, at the entrance to the site, is now a beautiful two–bedroom house.