Wotton Town Hall
Wotton-under-Edge Town Council
The original collonaded market hall was substantially remodelled in the 1830’s and for a long period had been used by the horse drawn fire service. More recently the building had been the Town Hall.
Following extensive consultation with the Town Council, the users and general public, proposals were agreed to extensively modernise and upgrade the building to provide modern flexible per¬formance and community space and support facilities.
The works included new heating, ventilation and electrical installations, new stage lighting and curtain suspension systems, and full access for people with disabilities.
These works formed part of a programme for the improvement and updating of the town’s civic facilities across several buildings and over a period of 8 years.