- Bromford Housing
- 44 Flatted Units of 1 & 2 bed accommodation
Quattro was appointed by Bromford to assist in the redevelopment of a site occupied by 46 flatted units composed within two number, three and four storey accommodation blocks with associated garage stands, situated in the heart of Cirencester. The existing accommodation built in the early 1960’s was no longer fit for purpose for Bromford’s customers. Our client brief called for modern, warm and efficient Affordable Housing.
The site presented numerous constraints and opportunities for redevelopment ranging from arboricultural, access and private amenity however, largely dealing with matters of cultural heritage including conservation context and substantial subterranean Roman archaeology of national importance.
Through consultation with Bromford, local residents and the Local Planning Authority, a proposal for 44 replacement flatted units was developed. The proposed solution afforded the site and locality with the following;
- Retention and protection of important amenity trees
- Improved vehicular access and parking provision
- Enhancement of the aspect for existing neighbouring properties within the Conservation Area
- Improvement in building form relationship and aspect within the public realm
- No adverse impact on the heritage significance of the Conservation Area
- Protection of underground archaeology – enabled through extensive structural and archaeological consultations.
A combination of traditional and more contemporary elevational approaches was adopted for different elements of the scheme in consideration of the immediate site context.
Following successful feasibility and pre-application process and planing consultation, Quattro and Bromford achieved planning approval in October 2020, with construction to commence through 2021.