Why Join Quattro?
Quattro is an established and growing Architectural practice. Our stunning, state-of-the-art headquarters are located in a beautiful historic warehouse within the vibrant centre of Gloucester Quays. Easy access, subsidised parking and excellent transportation links all contribute to Quattro’s convenient location.
We are a dynamic, professional and talented team and are always on the lookout for exceptional individuals. We are passionate about our work, our people and our environment. Quattro was delivering sustainable architecture 35+ years ago, we were early in our adoption of BIM, and collaboration and social responsibility have been at the heart of our ethos since 1984. We are a forward-thinking practice and we encourage like-minded professionals to connect with us. With our reputation for sustainability and collaboration, you will join an experienced Team with a diverse portfolio spanning multiple sectors.
We are currently expanding and have been recruiting through the year to the end of November 2020. All positions are currently filled.
We are also passionate about Design. Within Quattro, members meet to discuss broader design topics not typically within our regular work flow. These sessions (which we call the Design Party), encompass discussions relating to graphic design, art, product design, design theory and more. From these interactions, several competition submissions have been formulated, resulting in great success with shortlisting from the RIBA, credits from The Architects Journal, Dezeen and our mention in several news outlets including the BBC news.
Alongside the job satisfaction of our employees and below average absence rate, our stand-out benefits include: flexible working hours, additional leave for long service, a healthcare cash plan, subsidised parking and a generous pension scheme. If you would like to work in our successful practice, you can contact us directly or via our enquiry form below.
Quattro Design Architects is an Equal Opportunities employer and inclusive organisation. We are committed to supporting equality and diversity throughout the practice and promote equality of opportunity for everybody who has dealings with us, irrespective of their race, gender, disability, religion, beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Quattro Staff Benefits:
- 24 days Annual Leave per year plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Enhanced holiday entitlement policy
- Subsidised Parking
- 5% Company Contributory Pension Scheme (after probationary period)
- Group Life Cover (3 x annual salary)
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Share Purchase Scheme (after 1 year)
- Cycle Purchase Scheme (after probationary period)
We are committed to providing structured, informative and valuable work experience placements & sandwich placements, enabling students to make the most of this new challenge and the opportunity to learn more about Architecture and related roles within Construction.
We know that work experience can enhance the prospects of young people, as well as help reduce youth unemployment, and that’s why we are committed to:
- Completing job application processes, giving young people the opportunity to undertake job interviews and improve their recruitment skills.
- Helping young people to strengthen their CVs and develop a network of useful contacts.
- Delivering a structured programme that reflects working life.
- Allowing young people to experience different job roles and organisational cultures, helping them to make better, informed choices about their future.
- Encouraging working alongside experienced staff and helping to improve communication skills and encourage professional behaviour.
- Providing a positive experience of the working environment in order to build confidence and motivation.
- Providing constructive feedback and coaching to help young people develop job-specific and sector-specific skills.
Please note that applications for Work Experience placements are currently on hold.
There are both academic and work-based entry routes into a number of jobs in the
construction industry. It is possible to begin work as a trainee with a minimum of around five GCSEs (A*- C) or through an Advanced Apprenticeship in construction. To fully qualify you are required to complete a Higher National Certificate/Diploma (HNC/D) or foundation degree, followed by up to two years of assessed professional practice.
Apprenticeships require you to work 4 days a week and study at college part time on a day release basis 1 day a week. This is a good way of learning on the job whilst earning money at the same time.
This can be started following GCSEs at the age of 16 (Entry requirements 4-5 GCSE A* to C Grade inc English, Maths and Science). Upon leaving school, colleges offer many full time and part time courses. These courses open opportunities for learners who are already in, or about to enter into, employment.
If you are unsure which job will best suit you, these courses cover a large number of units which can help you to understand what your main assets are.
At Quattro we currently have 3 apprentices on relevant courses who are aiming towards becoming Architectural Technicians, with one day a week day release to attend college.
If you would like to know more about apprenticeships and working at Quattro, you can either contact us directly or via our enquiry form below.